Saturday, June 16, 2012

Zombie Inc. - A Dreadful Decease

Zombie Inc.
A Dreadful Decease
2011 Massacre Records
Somehow, this flew under my radar last year.  I'd like to think that I'm aware of all the old school death metal out there, especially when it's on a big label like Massacre, but the fact is that I'm not.  It's OK though.  I'm not the only one who missed this, and now in 2012 it's thankfully been unleashed stateside.  Zombie Inc's lineup features members and former members of some fairly well-known bands.  Most notably, Martin Schirenc (Don Cochino) of Pungent Stench fame.  Musically, it's some old school death metal stuff with a lot of very wet sounding samples from various zombie movies.  The instruments are all downtuned with that dirty kind of distortion we've all come to know and love.  Every track is like a chainsaw cutting through bone.  Not all of the tracks are lyrically from the panicking-out-of-their-mind human side either.  Songs like "We Must Eat!" are definitely from the hungry undead point of view.  Martin's vocals tend to be very understandable, and being able to hear just about every word makes "A Dreadful Decease" far more horrifying than almost all (and chances are that "almost" is just me being nice) of Cannibal Corpse's albums.  I'm hoping they record a followup in the very near future.  If I were to have a wishlist for their next one, it would be that they get both Killjoy and Kam Lee to do some guest or backing vocals, as both of them do horror themes better than practically anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment