Wednesday, July 21, 2010

So why am I back?

I suppose I should talk about why I decided to semi-resurrect the zine in the form of this blog. Well, as I had indicated in my farewell address in the final issue, I was still going to be writing for at least one or two other publications. But those are printed mags and I kind of like the idea of being able to spread my opinions further and wider. They don’t call it the “world wide web” for nothing.

So a blog seemed like the best way to go. I guess I still have some things to say, and spreading the names of bands I like is definitely one of those things. But here, I’m not constrained by having to do an issue and have set deadlines for myself. The sporadic format a blog allows me is a good thing. I’ll see about getting some reviews up of some recent releases that kicked my ass some time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment